Wednesday, June 3, 2015

# america singer # Eadlyn

Welp... this was not what I was expecting




Review: The Heir by Kiera Cass

I fell in love when I found the first book in this series, The Selection.  I really did. I read the first book in one night and then spent the rest of the weekend reading The Elite and then The One. It was divine, America was authentic and it was an opportunity to see yourself trying to fit in to a world that posed elegant but dangerous obstacles.

It was so swept up that I cried when I finished it.  Finding out there would be another book in the series was a sign from Heaven, but I have to admit this one didn't make me feel the same. 

The Good

There were so many likable characters in the book. I  was still enamored with Eadlyn's parents and even her siblings felt endearing. The guys picked in for the Selection were well written. Henri stole my heart as did Kile but Eadlyn  was a hard sell. By the end of the book I did sympathize more with her but I still didn't like her much.

The Not So Good

adlyn. Nope can't say I liked her as much as her mother. At first the character wasn't as bad but the
more I read, the more I found myself feeling like the people in Illea. She felt distant and even though I spent the book in her thoughts, I didn't like her. She's a brat and too caught up in her future queen status. Another thing, the book ended on the worst cliffhanger ever. It's likely a choice made by the author to keep people invested in the story which was needed after spending hundreds of pages with Eadlyn.

The Verdict



But...I'm willing to give her another chance since I love her mother and my curiosity needs to know what happens next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Live Instagram Feed

Follow Me on Instagram!

Live IG Feed