Thursday, September 10, 2020

# Ava Ward # dragons

Pandemic Frenzy 2020 - Let's Catch Up








So 2020 was going to be the best year ever, and then... COVID-19. I was having a fantastic year and planning to catch everyone up on the incredible finds I'd fallen into, and then suddenly, the world went crazy.


My whole world changed overnight, and my time was filled with homeschooling, remote working, and just trying to stay alive, so once again, you know the saying best-laid plans... 
And after six months of this new existence, while my sanity has been questionable at times,  I have thank goodness be able to put my kindle unlimited membership to good use. I read a lot and stumped upon some real gems.
Some of my favorites:
  • Royal Dragon Bind by Ava Ward
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas
  • Andorra Sector by Lexi C. Foss

I admit these are heavy on fantasy and paranormal fiction, but I promise you won't be disappointed. 


The Royal Dragon Shifters series follows Layla, a very well educated bartender who meets the gorgeous, mysterious billionaire Adrian at an event. Quickly charmed by him, she finds herself swept up into the Twilight Realm, a world full of elegant creatures, after being offered a position at the illustrious Red Letter Paris Hotel. Once there, she is introduced to her dragon heritage and her strange connection not just to Adrian but also to his irresistible cousin Dusk.

While initially, I loved the sparks between headstrong Layla and the stubborn Adrian, soon, I was just as enamored with her connection with Dusk. As the series goes on, readers have an opportunity to experience a well crafted, elegant world filled with danger, excitement, and mystery. This is the book that completely transported me out of my now too small apartment into an infinite paradise. 

Just a heads up, this is a series with 8 books so far, be prepared to buckle in for awhile.




My Rating: 



I resisted the Court of Thorns and Roses for quite a while. Every time I visited Barnes and Noble, it was always on display, and I just knew it wasn't for me. I'm not usually into stories about the fey, but truthfully I was captivated by Sarah Maas' storytelling. I read this one at lightning speed because I just couldn't put it down.  And yes, it is part of another series, but there are only three books that deal specifically with these characters.  

 In the story, you meet Feyre, a teenager who has devoted her life to taking care of her good for nothing father and two sisters. Although she is the youngest, she has learned to hunt, which is the only reason her family has been able to survive. In this world, humans are beneath the fey, and they scramble for the little resources they can get. Feyre's story is incredible. All of the characters are written so beautifully that you find yourself caught up long before you know it. I won't spoil anything because I think it's worth discovering her journey all on your own, but it was my favorite find so far this year.

My Rating: 

I don't know how to describe the Andorra Sector except to say at first I struggled with whether I should finish it. This is a genre I've just been introduced to, the Omegaverse, and
these stories are characterized by strong Alphas who can both male and female who need Omegas to be fulfilled period. Betas won't cut it, and in some cases, there is an undertone of abuse and dubious consent. Trust me, it's been a strange journey, but this series won me over. Other things to know, this is a paranormal romance too, so we're dealing with Wolves and a zombie apocalypse

The main characters in the book, Andorra Sector, are Ander Cain and Katriana Cordova. These two were like a match and gasoline on the page. Katriana believes she is just a human and has the misfortune in trying to steal from the X Clan wolves, a sophisticated society of elite wolves. Humans in this world are starving and relegated to living in caves to avoid the infected. 

Katrina is taken by the X Clan's arrogant, overbearing leader and turned into a wolf without her consent. She doesn't take too kindly to the situation and is thrust in a world she doesn't understand while Ander does all the wrong things... all of them. It's a complex relationship with two imperfect romantic leads. I think that is what I loved about the story. For all of their faults, they are trying to figure it out, which requires work on both sides and some groveling, another thing I appreciated. This is an introduction in a world that is further expanded throughout Lexi's other works, and I recommend you check it out.

My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Live Instagram Feed

Follow Me on Instagram!

Live IG Feed