Wednesday, September 2, 2015

# chicklit # Garnet Lacey Series

A Vampire Tale with No Bite




A Vampire Tale with No Bite

Tall Dark & Dead By Tate Hallaway

Tall Dark & Dead tells the story of a young witch who is possessed by a goddess after finding her coven dead. Garnet Lacey is the spunky witch now denying Magic because she’s on the run from both the law and the Vatican but find herself thrown into a relationship with Sebastian a vampire.

The Good

Tall, Dark  &  Dead (Garnet Lacey, #1)Garnet is fairly likable. I found the protagonist to be genuine and comedic at times.  Garnet was a perfectly good protagonist. She is snarky and overall a good character though cautious. And she works at a bookstore, one of my favorite places in the world. She was the best part of the book.



The Not So Good

I really disliked the plot of the story. Garnet allows herself to be possessed by a Goddess who also happens to be a vicious murderer. She is not aware of what happens when she is possessed but when she wakes up, she usually finds at least one body. 

I understand that she only called Lilith down full of grief for her coven members but even the possession state was weird.  I just didn't like that as the protagonist, she was unaware of the results. On the other hand this occurrence does stop at some point during the book and she becomes a witness to Lilith's doings but my first impression killed my interest.And then she introduces the vampires.

Sebastian is boring as Garnet's main love interest. There are several scenes that try to spice them up together but I found no literal chemistry between the two. She ends up in bed with him very quickly and he’s isn’t the first of his kind that she’d been with. Normally when a human and vampire have a relationship, the has the mark of significance. For example, the lead has never trusted vampires until "he" came along or normally the main character doesn't date vampires because she loathes them. This is not the case in this book. Parrish is her ex and also a vampire, though one with less likability that Sebastian. 

The Verdict: 




As I've mentioned earlier I didn't like the story and  it was an audio book. But I think I wouldn't have bothered to finish the book if I had a copy in print.  I definitely have no interest in continuing with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Live Instagram Feed

Follow Me on Instagram!

Live IG Feed