Sunday, January 12, 2020

# action # angels

The Minis are back too and so am I sooner than I thought.




The Minis are back too, and so am I sooner than I thought. This week I'm already ahead of my Goodreads goal and couldn't wait to check in with you about the group I've just finished. Also, it might be a while until I have my life back in order.


The Line Up: 


  • Betrothed to the Dragon by Kara Lockharte
  • Beautifully Brutal by Dani RenĂ©
  • Son of Chaos by Lexi Foss


Betrothed to the Dragon

The Good

There was so much potential for a great story here. The protagonist Sophie is betrothed to a stranger and is not human. She's Shen, a magical race that came to earth millions of years ago, yet she doesn't have any magic. Her family was killed by a monster years before the story and is now after Sophie. Enter her billionaire fiancé, the Dragon. He is a good character and a perfect alpha male for Sophie without being too overbearing despite her lack of magic.


The Not So Good

I'll just come right out and say it. I wish I liked this book. I wanted to but the story was too fast. Often I felt confused about the importance of the story points and eventually missed some key moments because I wasn't given enough time to invest in the characters. 

The Verdict

While there was good chemistry between the leads, the story should have been paced better. I missed out on the book's most dramatic moments by not being given enough to care one way or the other. 

Rating:





Beautifully Brutal


The Good

There is serious fire between the two leads of this one. The book is the first in the Cavalieri Della Morte series and features Lance Knight, a hitman who falls hard for his boss' only daughter Giuliana. There is some action naturally, as the hitman finds himself being used to dispatch the boss Arthur's enemies.


The Not So Good

Honestly, it was a bit creepy. There is a huge age difference between the characters. He starts to romance her when she's 16 and he's 34. While he doesn't get physical with her then, she's way too young to get involved with him at all and ultimately doesn't get a chance to grow into her adulthood in a way I feel would make her an equal partner in the relationship. I can't buy into their romance the way I want to.


The Verdict

The writing was good, but I couldn't get my head around the age difference and Giuliana's lack of experience. If you're not someone who has an issue with that, you will enjoy this one.


Rating:

 

 

Son of Chaos 



You're going to guess this soon, but this was my favorite of the group. Lexi Foss continues the story of Evangeline and Xai, both fallen Angels who now live on Earth, albeit for different reasons. I recommend reading the first book, Daughter of Death, for the total breakdown of who, what, why, etc.


The Good

I'm soo in love with these two. Their passion for each other and drive to do what's right resonated with me. Also, I find Evangeline' s reactions to her former friends after years away from Earth hilarious. She puts her investigator skills to work again in this book to find the person who framed her as a murderer in the previous installment. The other characters introduced are great additions to the story without slowing the pace. 


The Not So Good

I hate that there are only two books. It went by too quickly due to my faster than normal reading speed. I felt some high stakes moments could have been expanded upon, but again I may just be wanting to spend more time with these characters.  

The Verdict

A great read! I love it just as much as the first one, and I recommend it for anyone who hasn't had a chance to read a book from Lexi Foss, she is now on my favs list.


Rating: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Live Instagram Feed

Follow Me on Instagram!

Live IG Feed