Tuesday, July 7, 2015

# hell # humanity

Slow Burn Series with a Killer Ending

I've been reading a new series and going back forth about including it on the blog... but it's won since I think I like it...


The Georgina Kincaid Series is fascinating. The first book Succubus Blues follows the protagonist Georgina, a Succubus who works for hell reluctantly. She finds no lasting pleasure in her job and as such has a fairly normal human life outside of it. She works at a bookstore and is obsessed with her favorite author Seth Mortensen.
Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)

The Good

The fourth book, Succubus Heat was fantastic! I enjoyed almost every moment of it. The push and pull of Georgina and Seth's relationship and the complications of their current partners filled up the pages. After spending some much time with the protagonist the author's story telling ability shines making it easy to fall in love with the character.





The Not So Good





Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)The first book in the series wasn't overly impressive. On the immortal scale of creatures, succubi can be kind of boring. Georgina is no exception. While she was engaging, she didn't have much to add to her world in terms of power. Don't get me wrong she does have a lot of physical encounters, but there were too many characters introduced in the first book. I could barely identify who the other characters were or why they mattered. Eventually though I decided to give the second book a chance. Now here I am, four books later and I'm hooked.










The Verdict: 



Ultimately this series was a slow burn for me, the more that I read, the more that I became invested. Georgina seems more human then some of the human characters. She is prone to emotions and making rash decision because of those emotions. The sex scenes are interesting, not risque but appropriately steamy especially when she and Seth have be creative lest she steal time off of his life span. Overall though I like it and am looking forward to continuing the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Live Instagram Feed

Follow Me on Instagram!

Live IG Feed