Saturday, July 8, 2017

# born in series # sherrilyn kenyon

Still Catching my Breath…



Wow!  After finishing the book, I felt like I had run a marathon through mazes of storyline and numerous characters. It felt epic!


Born of Vengeance is the 10th book in the series. It focuses on Bastien and Ember, two military fighters from very different backgrounds. Bastien is a prince while Ember is from a lowly military family. The first thing we learn about Ember is that her sister ruined her previous relationship and Bastien steps up to save that same sister after an attack. Their story skips a few months and we learn that Ember and Bastien are in a relationship. The rest of the almost 400-page story takes readers on a ride through Ember’s rejection, Bastien’s betrayal, and a coup that changes the destinies of the main characters.



The Good

Sherrilyn knows how to write an incredible story. The action just kept coming from one page to another. The pacing was fast fun and kept me entertained. I’ve read some of the other books in the series and it was nice to catch up with some of the characters I’d spent hours with before. Bastien breaks my heart often as his character has to endure various horrible events.  I loved reading the interactions between Ember and her sisters. I was devastated when she loses a close family member. The different stories are weaved expertly throughout the book.

The Not So Good

 There are so many characters in the book!  If I hadn’t read some of the other books I would have been lost.  At times I was still pretty lost since its been years since I read the other stories. I would suggest an insert to help orient the reader in the relationships and different races that populate this world.

The Verdict.



It's hard for me to deny how much I love a well-written story, it was almost perfect. My only suggestion would be to read this as close a possible to the other books in the series or you might be confused by the cousin/brother/son relationships and why they matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Live Instagram Feed

Follow Me on Instagram!

Live IG Feed